Starting next year, you will be able to receive part of your pension in one go when you retire. This is what we call a lump sum. The new law that arranges this is planned to come into force on 1 July 2023, but there is still some uncertainty about this. However, we would like to inform you about the new choice now in addition to the existing choices for your pension.
How does a lump sum work?
- You may withdraw a maximum of 10% of your pension in one go on your retirement date. This can be a large amount or a small amount. That depends on how much pension you have built up with Bpf Koopvaardij. You can see how much you have built up in My Koopvaardij.
- The amount you withdraw will be deducted from the monthly pension you receive. By withdrawing a lump sum, you will subsequently receive less pension each month.
- After withdrawing the lump sum, your remaining pension must be more than € 520.35 gross per year, i.e. € 43.36 gross per month. This is due to statutory regulations.
- You may spend the lump sum you receive as you wish.
- The lump sum cannot be combined with the choice of a higher monthly amount at first followed by a lower monthly amount. So you must opt for one possibility or the other.
- If you withdraw a lump sum, this will have consequences for the tax you have to pay. It may also mean that you will temporarily receive less or no healthcare allowance or rent allowance.
What other options do you have for your retirement?
Whether withdrawing a lump sum is beneficial for you depends on your wishes and your situation, but also on the tax rules, for example. What is favourable or convenient for one person can be unfavourable for another. In addition to the new choice of a lump sum, you also have other pension options for your pension at Bpf Koopvaardij. Investigate the possibilities in good time.
What should you do next?
At My Koopvaardij, you can calculate the effect of the choices on your pension. This does not yet include the calculation of your pension including a lump sum. We cannot adjust this until the new law has been finalised. We will inform you as soon as you can calculate in My Koopvaardij what your pension could be if it includes a lump sum. Do you have any questions? If so, contact our Service Desk.