It may be that you are not satisfied with our services. For example, about our communication or a decision we made concerning your pension. In such a case, you can file a complaint. On this page we explain how to do that.
What is a complaint?
We treat any expression of dissatisfaction as a complaint, because we think it’s very important that you are heard. We will do our best to resolve your complaint as quickly and carefully as possible. We do this according to our complaints process.
Step 1: Let us know what you are dissatisfied with
You can reach us in various ways to file a complaint:
- Send us an e-mail via the contact form or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also reach us on +31 (0)88 007 98 99 on Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and on Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Or you can send a letter to:
Stichting Bedrijfspensioenfonds voor de Koopvaardij
t.a.v. de klachtencoördinator
NL-2509 GA The Hague
To handle your complaint properly, it is important that you indicate at least the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your personal identification number. This is stated at the top of our letters.
- A description of your complaint. If you have evidence, please send it too.
Step 2: You will receive confirmation of your complaint
You will receive a confirmation of receipt from us within 3 working days of receiving your complaint
Step 3: We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible
In any case, you will receive a written response from us within 15 working days. For some complaints, we need longer than 15 working days. For example, if we need additional information from you or if we find it necessary for you to explain your position in more detail. We will then give you a deadline by which you will receive our response.
Do you disagree with our response?
Step 4: Let us know what you disagree with
If we can't reach agreement at the first attempt, please let us know. We will then reassess your situation and may ask you for additional information.
Step 5: You will receive a confirmation of your appeal
You will receive a confirmation of receipt from us within 3 working days of receiving your appeal.
Step 6: We reassess your complaint
- If we think that your complaint is justified, within 15 working days you will receive a letter, an e-mail, or we will call you to tell you how we will resolve your complaint.
- If we think that your complaint is not justified, within 15 working days you will receive a letter, an e-mail, or we will call you and clearly explain our reasons. After our explanation, you are still free to submit your complaint to the board.
- We will submit your complaint to the board
You will be notified by us within 10 working days of our confirmation of receipt as to which meeting your complaint will be discussed. Once the board has made a decision, we will contact you.
What happens if we do not reach an agreement?
Step 7: You submit your complaint to another body of authority
If we cannot come to an agreement together, we have a dispute. You can submit your dispute to the Geschilleninstantie Pensioenfondsen (GIP). GIP can mediate through the Pensions Ombudsman or issue a ruling through the GIP.
Would you like to submit your complaint to the GIP? You can do so via the website: www.geschilleninstantiepensioenfondsen.nl.
Did you submit a complaint to Bpf Koopvaardij between July 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024?
You can still contact GIP after completing our complaints procedure.
You can also submit your complaint to the civil court. You have to pay for proceedings in the civil court.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Is your complaint about the actions of the pension fund in the event of a (possible) conflict with the General Data Protection Regulation and/or the Code of Conduct for Processing of Personal Data by Pension Funds? Then you can submit your complaint to the civil court or the Dutch Data Protection Authority. For more information, visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.