In the event of your death, there may be a partner's pension for your partner. This depends on your situation:
- If you are not married and cohabit and you do not have a registered partnership, your partner will be entitled to a partner’s pension only if you have concluded a cohabitation contract at a civil-law notary before your retirement. These are the conditions:
- the notarial cohabitation contract must have been concluded before your pension commences;
- you must have been registered at your municipality as residing at the same address for at least six months;
- your partner is not related by blood or affinity in the direct line.
- If you are married or if you have a registered partnership (prior to retirement), your partner will be automatically entitled to partner's pension.
Register your partner with us
If you have a notarial cohabitation contract, are married or have a registered partnership, please notify us if you live abroad. Send a copy of your notarial cohabitation contract or your marriage/registered partnership certificate to us. Please note your partner's citizen service number on the document. You will receive a confirmation when we have processed the information. When you die, we will contact your partner.