Text Size

Relationship and pension

If you are getting married or entering into a registered partnership before your pension takes effect, then your partner will receive a pension when you pass away. This is called partner’s pension. Marriages and registered partnerships in the Netherlands are automatically reported to us via your municipality.

Register your partner with us

If you have a notarial cohabitation contract, are married or have a registered partnership, please notify us if you live abroad. Send a copy of your notarial cohabitation contract or your marriage/registered partnership certificate to us by post or via the contact form. Please note your partner's citizen service number on the document. You will receive a confirmation when we have processed the information. When you die, we will contact your partner.

What will your partner receive after your death?

If you wish to know the amount of the partner's pension, go to My Koopvaardij or see your annual Uniform Pension Overview (UPO).

Go to My Koopvaardij

Do you wish to know more?

Check the influence of your relationship on your pension